Chris Byrd challenging Lennox Lewis and Emanuel Steward

Chris Byrd challenging Lennox Lewis and Emanuel Steward

Re: Chris Byrd challenging Lennox Lewis and Emanuel Steward

This was hilarious. I never get tired of Chris' high voice. I understand the reasoning behind Lewis and Manny's refusal to fight him though. It would have been a bore, and Lewis always took more challenging fights; one example being when he vacated the WBA title to fight Michael Grant instead of John Ruiz.

Lewis: Are you done?

Chris: No, YOU are DONE!

Re: Chris Byrd challenging Lennox Lewis and Emanuel Steward

Will69
Hilarious!  When was that press conference taken?  I liked how Manny called Chris out.

Re: Chris Byrd challenging Lennox Lewis and Emanuel Steward

This was 2003, right after the Lewis/Vitali fight

Re: Chris Byrd challenging Lennox Lewis and Emanuel Steward

Phantom Punch
Is it just me or did Lennox duck southpaws?

I'm not saying Lennox would lose to Bryd. But Bryd would make Lennox look bad. I'll give him that much.

Re: Chris Byrd challenging Lennox Lewis and Emanuel Steward

The Golden Jet
Phantom Punch wrote
Is it just me or did Lennox duck southpaws?

I'm not saying Lennox would lose to Bryd. But Bryd would make Lennox look bad. I'll give him that much.
Bryd might acutally BEAT this sloppy version of LEwis on points. This is why Lennox didn't want the fight. Chris was right. He DID look like Foreman in there against Vitali.

Re: Chris Byrd challenging Lennox Lewis and Emanuel Steward

Zorro
Lennox could very well knock Byrd out. But I kind of doubt he would. It would be a boring fight. Byrd would be running all night and Lennox wouldn't be interested in chasing him so nothing would happen.

Re: Chris Byrd challenging Lennox Lewis and Emanuel Steward

redfeng007
Imagine Manny see what Tyson Fury did to Wladimir.

Guess Tyson Fury has avenged Chris Bryd's defeat in a way.

Some people said that Tyson Fury's style is more to Ali.

https://youtu.be/AyP0_YDpWpg

But it looks more like Jersey Joe Walcott.

https://youtu.be/6CdcD-u8ugM

Re: Chris Byrd challenging Lennox Lewis and Emanuel Steward

Hit Em' Hard
The Golden Jet wrote

Bryd might acutally BEAT this sloppy version of LEwis on points. This is why Lennox didn't want the fight. Chris was right. He DID look like Foreman in there against Vitali.
You got it right. Lennox was on the decline and ready for the taking. It would be a boring fight with Chris doing a lot of running, but sloppy old fat Lewis would lose on points. He was right to hang em' up.