Evaluating the Klitschkos

Malik Wright
Well, now that the Klitschko era has been over for a few years, where do you rank the brothers? You ranks higher and where do they each rank among the all-time greats, rookie?

Malik El Debarge Wright

Re: Evaluating the Klitschkos

I'd say they're in the top 10 or top 12 at the very least. Because of their size and the fact that they could fight and utilize their height and reach, they'd be a handful for many of the heavyweight champs that came before them.

I think Vitali was better head to head because he was so awkward and he could take a punch better than Wlad. He was also better in slugfests than his brother. If they fought each other I'd back Vitali.

Legacy wise, however, Wlad had more success due to his long title reign and title defenses.

Re: Evaluating the Klitschkos

Zorro
Wladimir was a real threat to Louis’ legacy. His reign was a long one. I’ll give him that. I am still disappointed in his performance against Fury though

Re: Evaluating the Klitschkos

Entaowed
This post was updated on .
Yeah that is about right.  While Wlad got unfair hometown clichfest officiating sometimes, & likely the skill of their opponents was relatively lacking...
Their opponents sheer size & strength & their long list of accomplishments means they must be ranked very highly.
Yes Vitali was better overall, but with all Wlad accomplished, he may be top 5.
At least not far from that...

He was dealing with personal issues vs. Fury, if i recall correctly.
Vitali may be a top 5 fighter head to head.
Part of this is again down to size.
But he had skills too...

For those who want to do  deeper dive related to the quality of Vitali's reign & who he plausibly could have faced or not & how much it might have mattered, a new thread:

https://www.boxingforum24.com/threads/vitali-klitschkos-wasted-talent.642722/