Extremely brief Tyson Amateur fight (If you could call it that)

Extremely brief Tyson Amateur fight (If you could call it that)

This kid was a 16 year-old monster.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nl0CxIrL5E0

Re: Extremely brief Tyson Amateur fight (If you could call it that)

Will69
Tyson was called "kid dynamite" for a reason.  The KO was from a single left-hook too.  The commentator also said he was only 15.   Even though Tyson was literally a kid, he had some of his signature movements already forming back then.

Funnily enough, I thought for a second his opponent was Joe Cortez, the ref, but the ref Joe Cortez would have been a middle-aged guy by then.

Even in the 2000s, when Tyson was washed up, he still had lethal punching power.   The big Andrew Golata quit the fight against in the 3rd rounds because he was blacking-out and getting brain damage from Tyson's hits.  Golata was smart enough to walk away and keep his health.

Re: Extremely brief Tyson Amateur fight (If you could call it that)

Oh, OK. I thought they said he was 16.

And yes, I thought it was going to be referee Joe Cortez too! That's part of the reason I clicked the link so fast.