Floyd Patterson v. Old Foreman

Does Patterson get knocked out, or is he too fast?

Winner?

Re: Floyd Patterson v. Old Foreman

Rosco
Floyd wouldn't sit still. George would look clumsy and goofy trying to swat him.

Re: Floyd Patterson v. Old Foreman

It's Dale
Rosco wrote
Floyd wouldn't sit still. George would look clumsy and goofy trying to swat him.
Maybe so. But Floyd may be mentally defeated before the bell rings whether George is fat and slow or not.

Re: Floyd Patterson v. Old Foreman

Friday The 13th...
Rosco wrote
Floyd wouldn't sit still. George would look clumsy and goofy trying to swat him.
He's still a peekaboo fighter though. He puts himself right in danger when he's a foot away from Foreman. A Foreman knockout is the only inevitable result.

Re: Floyd Patterson v. Old Foreman

Friday The 13th... wrote

He's still a peekaboo fighter though. He puts himself right in danger when he's a foot away from Foreman. A Foreman knockout is the only inevitable result.
I'd pick peak Tyson to beat the old version of Foreman. But the difference is that Tyson would jump in with murderous bulldozing blows and land those crisp hooks and uppercuts when in close range. Foreman would be too slow to avoid the combinations.

Floyd would be too hesitant at times. I just don't see him holding up well against Foreman. The first significant punch Foreman lands would be the beginning of the end.

Re: Floyd Patterson v. Old Foreman

Zorro
Foreman kept his arms outstretched so it'd be hard for Floyd to leap in and score. I don't have much faith in him landing a gazelle punch against Foreman.

As with the Tyson comparisons here, at least Tyson had a monster uppercut and hard body shot smash while inside. Floyd didn't even have that.

The Foreman jab would make it hard for Floyd to set himself or leap in. I don't see Patterson making it to round 5.