George Foreman vs. Lennox Lewis

123

George Foreman vs. Lennox Lewis

BAD INTENTIONS
In their primes, who takes it guys? I say Lennox
Cast your vote

Re: George Foreman vs. Lennox Lewis

No. Lewis' chin would let him down. This would be the result.

Photobucket

Re: George Foreman vs. Lennox Lewis

BAD INTENTIONS
Duggerman wrote
No. Lewis' chin would let him down. This would be the result.

Photobucket
That's some good photoshop!  But I think Lennox would win it. He could outbox George easily. AND George was always vulnerable to right hands. Lennox had a lot more crack in his right hand than Jimmy Young, Muhammad Ali and Ron Lyle,,,all three of whom put Big George on the canvas with the right. (Although Lyle packed a good punch). It wouldn't surprise me if Lennox finished George early the way he did other big strong fighters he percieved as a threat like Razor Ruddock, Andrew Golota and Michael Grant.

Re: George Foreman vs. Lennox Lewis

BAD INTENTIONS wrote

That's some good photoshop!  But I think Lennox would win it. He could outbox George easily. AND George was always vulnerable to right hands. Lennox had a lot more crack in his right hand than Jimmy Young, Muhammad Ali and Ron Lyle,,,all three of whom put Big George on the canvas with the right. (Although Lyle packed a good punch). It wouldn't surprise me if Lennox finished George early the way he did other big strong fighters he percieved as a threat like Razor Ruddock, Andrew Golota and Michael Grant.
I didn't make that picture. I found it online somewhere. There's lot of them.

I agree that Lewis could blow you outta there in one round or less if he wanted, but prime Foreman was more talented and dangerous than Ruddock, Golota and Grant. None of those guys even won a title!

Peak Foreman was sloppy and I could see Lewis jabbing and countering him with ease. But he wouldn't be able to play it safe with Foreman the way he did with Tua. The guys would have to fight at some point and that's when Lewis is getting put to sleep. I agree that Lewis had the power to knock out Foreman but Big George would land the knockout blow first. Foreman KO 2.

Re: George Foreman vs. Lennox Lewis

Zorro
I seen both fellas in their prime. George would have been too much of a monster for Lennox.

Lennox barely beat washed up Ray Mercer and Evander Holyfield, he beat a shot Tyson, and the Golotas, Grants, Bothas, Tuas, Ruddocks, Butlers and others were not in his league by far. Foreman was an animal. If you think Oliver McCall and Hasim Rahman hurt Lennox, just imagine what George Foreman would do to him with one punch.

Re: George Foreman vs. Lennox Lewis

Evolution
I sparred with both....been clocked hard by both.....knocked out by Lennox Lewis as an amatuer.

Lennox Lewis could tame the beastful George Foreman of the 70s. Lennox's chin is not as bad as people make it out to be.

Re: George Foreman vs. Lennox Lewis

I also want to point out that Foreman has always hinted that Lewis would beat him, and even referred to Lewis as the greatest heavyweight of all time several times.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jV5AMRL5-Hc&feature=related

But despite that, I think he'd murder Lewis because of his power. Foreman also said once that he ducked Jerry Quarry because of Quarry's counter-punching skills, but Joe Frazier and Ken Norton were better counter-punchers than Quarry and look what Foreman did to them?

Re: George Foreman vs. Lennox Lewis

49-0
Lennox Lewis would die in the hospital after this fight with his mama crying at his bedside.

Re: George Foreman vs. Lennox Lewis

Shane
49-0 wrote
Lennox Lewis would die in the hospital after this fight with his mama crying at his bedside.
Thats funny. This would be a good fight. Lennox wouldn't be able to control the fight with his jab because George is similar in size. This would be a brawl, and Lennox would go down the moment George lands flush. Lennox had the power and skill to hurt George too but I've seen George get off the deck to win fights before. I can't say the same about Lennox. The two times he was knocked down, he was out for the count.

Re: George Foreman vs. Lennox Lewis

Hit Em' Hard
Lennox Lewis. Better stamina..better boxing abilities..etc. I see Lennox taking this one either way.

Pre-1975, George tried to take your head off as soon as the bell rang and he'd gas himself out. Lennox would stand back, time Foreman and counter. He had the skill to bang with him up close but that wouldn't be smart, considering Lewis could be dropped like a sack of potatoes with one punch.

After the Ali fight, George was too afraid to let loose with the thunder and go for the kill. This would allow Lennox to outbox him and knock him out whenever he's ready. Like I said, eitheir way, Lennox would beat 70s Foreman.

Re: George Foreman vs. Lennox Lewis

Malik Wright
49-0 wrote
Lennox Lewis would die in the hospital after this fight with his mama crying at his bedside.
Thats sum real shit my nigga.

This is Lennox before fighting George Foreman

This is Lennox after taking just one punch from George Foreman

Malik El Debarge Wright

Re: George Foreman vs. Lennox Lewis

Evan Fields
Malik Wright wrote
49-0 wrote
Lennox Lewis would die in the hospital after this fight with his mama crying at his bedside.
Thats sum real shit my nigga.

This is Lennox before fighting George Foreman

This is Lennox after taking just one punch from George Foreman

I have to agree. Lennox may have been more talented. He could outbox and counter George easily. He could even brawl with him. But his chin would lead to his demise against a massive puncher like Big George. Sorry, Lennox.

George KO before round 5.

Re: George Foreman vs. Lennox Lewis

BAD INTENTIONS
Hit Em' Hard wrote
Lennox Lewis. Better stamina..better boxing abilities..etc. I see Lennox taking this one either way.

Pre-1975, George tried to take your head off as soon as the bell rang and he'd gas himself out. Lennox would stand back, time Foreman and counter. He had the skill to bang with him up close but that wouldn't be smart, considering Lewis could be dropped like a sack of potatoes with one punch.

After the Ali fight, George was too afraid to let loose with the thunder and go for the kill. This would allow Lennox to outbox him and knock him out whenever he's ready. Like I said, eitheir way, Lennox would beat 70s Foreman.
Nice post. Lennox would punish young Foreman for throwing those wide looping punches. He threw himself off balance doing that. All Lennox would have to do is keep his distance and counter. He'd drop George a few times and eventually keep him down. Or, like I said earlier, he'd try to get rid of George early and rush him at the bell.

Old Foreman would probably be a TKO loss against Lennox because the ref would stop it before Lewis hurt him really bad.

Re: George Foreman vs. Lennox Lewis

Shane
BAD INTENTIONS wrote
It wouldn't surprise me if Lennox finished George early the way he did other big strong fighters he percieved as a threat like Razor Ruddock, Andrew Golota and Michael Grant.
That would be suicide for Lennox to do that against Foreman. Two reasons:

A) No one knocks out George Foreman early. He was only knocked out once (and that was by exhaustion) and he recovered quickly when Ron Lyle and Jimmy Young put him on the deck. No one is gonna KO George Foreman early, if at all. Remember that George was never knocked off his feet in his comeback career. He took  punishment from great punchers like Cooney, Briggs, Holyfield, Cooper and Morrison. Never knocked down. Barely ever rocked.

B) Lennox rushing George at the opening bell is just plain stupid. An upright brawl is Foreman's fight and his punch is too hard for Lennox to even comprehend. Oliver McCall and Hasim Rahman both KO'd Lennox with a single punch. It goes without saying that George punches much harder than both of them.

If Lewis planned on steamrolling peak Foreman the way he did Golota, Grant, Ruddock or Botha, then his trainers better have an ambulance waiting by ringside. No matter what strategy Lennox uses, Foreman will land eventually and thats when its over.

Re: George Foreman vs. Lennox Lewis

the boston strong boy
george would of kod lewis in the first three rounds in his prime remember the lewis chin

Re: George Foreman vs. Lennox Lewis

It's Dale
I back Lennox Lewis here. Yeah he was KO'd twice by a single punch but he was caught off guard by opponents he underestimated. Lennox had better stamina, ring smarts and boxing skills than Foreman. It would be a good fight but I pick Lennox to stop him somewhere. George didn't take right hands well.

Re: George Foreman vs. Lennox Lewis

Apollo
Banned User
Nobody has mentioned George's body punches yet.
I believe he would hurt Lennox with them.

I don't how this fight would look like. I believe Lennox would try to play it technical, but he'd get dragged into a shoot-out sooner or later. And then he'd absorb punishment until he can't no more.

With all due respect to Lennox, but George was tougher.
Both men would pick street fights before they found before their way to glory and both were the toughest kid on the block.
I imagine if both would've lived in the same neighborhood that George would've been the toughest kid on the block.

Re: George Foreman vs. Lennox Lewis

BAD INTENTIONS
Moejoe wrote
Nobody has mentioned George's body punches yet.
I believe he would hurt Lennox with them.

I don't how this fight would look like. I believe Lennox would try to play it technical, but he'd get dragged into a shoot-out sooner or later. And then he'd absorb punishment until he can't no more.

With all due respect to Lennox, but George was tougher.
Both men would pick street fights before they found before their way to glory and both were the toughest kid on the block.
I imagine if both would've lived in the same neighborhood that George would've been the toughest kid on the block.
Judging by the poll results most people here don't have any faith in Lewis' chin....I can see why although Lewis' chin wasn't horrible, it wasn't great either....when he was focused and balanced he could take a punch well.

He'd know what he would be getting into versus Foreman and had the skill to tame him...Lennox would get KO'd if he got careless but he wouldn't be stupid enough to be careless around George Foreman.

Re: George Foreman vs. Lennox Lewis

Apollo
Banned User
Lennox was losing against Frank Bruno and Ray Mercer.
George was much better than Bruno and Mercer.

Bruno forced Lennox to get into a shoot out.
Shannon Briggs forced Lennox to get into a shoot out.
Vitali did also.
Holyfield to inside severel times in the rematch and hurt Lennox with body shots. It wouldn't have taken
much do defeat and possibly knockout Lennox, but Evander was over the hill already.

I believe that Lennox' highly rated ring-IQ is a myth to some degree.

Re: George Foreman vs. Lennox Lewis

Moejoe wrote
Lennox was losing against Frank Bruno and Ray Mercer.
George was much better than Bruno and Mercer.

Bruno forced Lennox to get into a shoot out.
Shannon Briggs forced Lennox to get into a shoot out.
Vitali did also.
Holyfield to inside severel times in the rematch and hurt Lennox with body shots. It wouldn't have taken
much do defeat and possibly knockout Lennox, but Evander was over the hill already.

I believe that Lennox' highly rated ring-IQ is a myth to some degree.
Lennox wasn't in his prime when he fought Bruno. He didn't find his groove as a fighter until he hired Emanuel Steward. Steward taught him a real jab, improved his balance, gave him ring strategies and taught him not to rely on powerful right haymakers so much. We would never see Frank Bruno outboxing Lennox with Emanuel Steward in Lennox's corner.

As for Mercer, he had more of a swarmer style. George was more of a stand-up boxer puncher and Mercer was attempting to be another Mike Tyson. Lewis said after the interview with Mercer that he was using that fight to prepare for a fight with Tyson because Mercer had a similar style to Tyson.

Evander did great in the rematch with Lennox. If he were younger and didn't have to fight in spurts I'd definitely pick him to knock Lennox out.

To get back to George, I still see him knocking Lewis out. He threw those wild haymakers that come without warning and from all directions. Eventually he'd catch Lewis with something. I agree also that George would turn this thing into a shootout which favors his style. Lewis couldn't use his jab and technical skills to keep Foreman away. Sooner or later he'd have to fight him.
123