Ghostwriting

It's another good way to break into this industry. Most autobiographies that are "written" by celebrities go this way.

They sit down and are interviewed by the ghostwriter, who shapes their revelations into a narrative.

Or, in some (rare) cases, the credited author will write the book, which is edited by a real writer.

Sometimes ghostwriters are given credit for their work, but not always. A ghostwriter either gets an advance and none of the royalties, or they'll get a percentage of the royalties later on.

I'm ghostwriting several projects. Just thought I'd inform you what the job is.

Re: Ghostwriting

Becky
Good thread topic, Duggerman.

Ghostwriting is fun, although I've read several books where the ghostwriting was awful.

Re: Ghostwriting

Yes. I've read some books where the ghostwriting was not good. Like Michael Jackson's book, Moonwalk. It seemed rushed and didn't flow the way it should have.

But there have been some excellent examples. Joe Louis' autobiography, My Life was almost perfect. It was as if the Brown Bomber was talking directly to you.

Re: Ghostwriting

A Friend
Moonwalk certainly didn't flow well, but Michael had been so insistent on taking huge chunks out of it. He went through 3 ghostwriters before shaye areheart got it in the end.

I suppose I'm doing some ghostwriting now for myself. Time is right for a bit of anonymity!

Re: Ghostwriting

Becky
A Friend wrote
Moonwalk certainly didn't flow well, but Michael had been so insistent on taking huge chunks out of it. He went through 3 ghostwriters before shaye areheart got it in the end.

I suppose I'm doing some ghostwriting now for myself. Time is right for a bit of anonymity!
Ghostwriting for yourself? That's an interesting concept!

Re: Ghostwriting

A Friend
I guess its what you do to avoid having to deal with the same ignorant wack jobs out there and you don't get drawn into debates where it concerns your reputation.

About sanity, really and enjoyment of giving info.

Re: Ghostwriting

Michael
I thought Moonwalk was a good read actually. It was a much needed rare glimpse into Michael's POV on life. Its obvious that he changed his opinion on several subjects after the book was released but its nice to read what was in his heart during his prime.