Hardest Punch You've Ever Seen

12

Hardest Punch You've Ever Seen

In my opinion, it was Hasim Rahman's knockout of Lennox Lewis. That punch was one heck of a shot. It broke through Lewis' guard!! I think that one punch alone would shatter many other former heavyweight champions, not just Lewis.

The second hardest punch I've seen is this uppercut from George Foreman.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8ZfDzsk3AY

Re: Hardest Punch You've Ever Seen

BAD INTENTIONS
This post was updated on .
This shot from Tyson.
GIFSoup

Re: Hardest Punch You've Ever Seen

Rosco
This post was updated on .
those are some good candidates yall have here. I know you might laugh but I was watching some Butterbean fights last night and this is one of many that stuck with me.
GIFSoup And you can't forget Rocky Marciano's one punch stoppage of Jersey Joe Walcott in PA. Most call it the most famous punch in heavyweight boxing.
GIFSoup

Re: Hardest Punch You've Ever Seen

This post was updated on .
David Tua has countless devastating Knockouts on his resume but this one always bothered me. This is one of the most brutal.

It took them a while to revive Rick Honeycutt. Granted, Tua's knockout of Ruiz was just as devastating but it was due to a culmination of hard shots. Tua murdered this guy with one punch. He had power like Max Baer or George Foreman.

BAD INTENTIONS wrote
This shot from Tyson.

I like that punch, too. Normally Tyson waited for an opening or he'd set you up for a knockout shot. On this occasion, he just created his own opening and knocked this fellow into next week, denting his afro in the process.

Re: Hardest Punch You've Ever Seen

Zorro
This post was updated on .
Duggerman wrote
David Tua has countless devastating Knockouts on his resume but this one always bothered me. This is one of the most brutal.

I've never seen that one before. David Tua packs a real wallop. I need to look up this fight. You say the victim's name was Rick Honeycutt?

As for me, I can't say right off the top of my head which punch was the absolute hardest. There have been so many big knockouts in boxing. But this one from Joe Frazier has to be somewhere in my top five at least.

This one ranks high too.

Photobucket

Joe Frazier's left hook is one of the most powerful punches in heavyweight history.

Re: Hardest Punch You've Ever Seen

Zombies Ate Me
BAD INTENTIONS wrote
This shot from Tyson.

Damn. Now that's a punch! From what I've seen in the thread this one is the hardest, followed closely by the Tua knockout.

Re: Hardest Punch You've Ever Seen

Shane
Duggerman wrote
In my opinion, it was Hasim Rahman's knockout of Lennox Lewis. That punch was one heck of a shot. It broke through Lewis' guard!! I think that one punch alone would shatter many other former heavyweight champions, not just Lewis.

This punch was all the more devastating because Lennox bounced right into it. It's a shame he got hit by such a slow and telegraphed punch.

That George Foreman uppercut you posted was the stuff of nightmares. Dude's mouthpiece flew all over the arena.

Re: Hardest Punch You've Ever Seen

Evolution
The hardest punch I recall had to come from Wladimir Klitschko when he knocked me out. It wasn't the hardest punch per se but it was the sharpness of it. That was my only time being knocked out in the gym.

The best fights happen in the gym to be honest. David Tua, George Foreman, Lennox Lewis and Bert Cooper each hit me some hard, hard punches I remember clearly. Evander Holyfield packs a hard wallop too.

Re: Hardest Punch You've Ever Seen

Malik Wright
BAD INTENTIONS wrote
This shot from Tyson.

Don't fcuk with Iron Mike. Greatest fighter of all time baby.
Malik El Debarge Wright

Re: Hardest Punch You've Ever Seen

I have to throw this one into the mix. Larry Holmes said that this was the hardest blow of his entire career, which says a lot because he faced other hard punchers like Tyson, Cooney and Mercer.

Photobucket

This is what happens when you hold your left low against a right hand bomber like Shavers...

Re: Hardest Punch You've Ever Seen

Zorro
^That is the perfect overhand right.

I must also note that Joe Frazier has to rank as one of the hardest punchers ever. I was there the night he fought Jerry Quarry the first time and you could hear the thuds and cracks with every blow young Frazier landed. That was the fight he won my respect in. You had to witness Joe Frazier live.

Re: Hardest Punch You've Ever Seen

49-0
Zorro wrote
I must also note that Joe Frazier has to rank as one of the hardest punchers ever. I was there the night he fought Jerry Quarry the first time and you could hear the thuds and cracks with every blow young Frazier landed. That was the fight he won my respect in. You had to witness Joe Frazier live.
I bet Joe was grunting with every punch he landed wasn't he? The man was awesome in his day. It's a shame how underrated he is.

Hardest punch ever? I need to think this one over. It may have been Max Baer KO'ing Primo Carnera or Jack Dempsey's scary left hook that knocked down Jess Willard the first time. I'm not sure. George Foreman, Earnie Shavers, Joe Louis and Rocky Marciano used to put men to sleep. They knocked their opponents out cold. I do like some of the gifs posted here, like the Tyson and Tua KOs.

Re: Hardest Punch You've Ever Seen

Urban Legend
This post was updated on .
No love for the real deal Holyfield?

I can't tell how hard the punch was from this angle but Evander knocked this fool into lala land.
Don

Re: Hardest Punch You've Ever Seen

Don
Duggerman wrote
I have to throw this one into the mix. Larry Holmes said that this was the hardest blow of his entire career, which says a lot because he faced other hard punchers like Tyson, Cooney and Mercer.

Photobucket

This is what happens when you hold your left low against a right hand bomber like Shavers...
I might have to vote for this one because it's all punch. In some of the other gifs posted in this thread, the victim moved into the punch. This one was all Shavers...all in that one right hand.

This is a hard punch too. Brother Tyson had a monster of a punch in either hand baby.

ONLY IN AMERICA!!

Re: Hardest Punch You've Ever Seen

Evan Fields
This post was updated on .
Some damn good examples in this thread. The hardest punch in my opinion was Joe Frazier's knockout of Jimmy Ellis. Joe said himself that this was the hardest punch he ever landed on anyone in his life. You can see the punch snap Jimmy's neck back. Brutal left hook from Frazier.

A close second would be the first uppercut that Lennox Lewis landed on Mike Tyson.

That was a hard punch. You hear the impact. Tyson fell into Lennox and then took some more uppercuts.

Re: Hardest Punch You've Ever Seen

Evan Fields
This post was updated on .
Tommy Hearns knocked Duran into another time zone with this right hand.

Re: Hardest Punch You've Ever Seen

the boston strong boy
marciano knocking out walcott in the 13th round for the heavyweights

Re: Hardest Punch You've Ever Seen

Shane
Evan Fields wrote
Tommy Hearns knocked Duran into another time zone with this right hand.

That is one of my favorite knockouts of all time. Duran was unconcious upon impact.

Re: Hardest Punch You've Ever Seen

GatorPurify
Stone Cold wrote
Evan Fields wrote
Tommy Hearns knocked Duran into another time zone with this right hand.

That is one of my favorite knockouts of all time. Duran was unconcious upon impact.
People sleep on Hearns. Hears was a bad boy. I think that that was the most exciting time for Middleweights. Hearns losing to Hagler and Sugar Ray is the only thing that stopped him.

Re: Hardest Punch You've Ever Seen

Entaowed
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Hardest Punch You've Ever Seen

^^Yeah, dood. Shavers could punch. His frightening punching power was the only thing he brought to the table, though. I do remember Ron Lyle saying that when Shavers hit him, the ground suddenly came up to him.

Re: Hardest Punch You've Ever Seen

Shane
This post was updated on .
Gawd Evander could take an uppercut.

Re: Hardest Punch You've Ever Seen

Yes, Evander has an all-time great chin for sure. He was only stopped twice...

Evander could take some shots, but I'll bet Lennox would have knocked him flat if he'd thrown (and landed) a left hook as a follow up to that uppercut.

Re: Hardest Punch You've Ever Seen

precious
This post was updated on .
The single most devastating punch ever, Marciano 13th round knockout, then Earnie Shavers punch on Larry Holmes, amazing recovery by Holmes

CONTENTS DELETED

precious
LOL, Larry is still suffering with the after effects, luckily he had a good Coma insurance policy

Re: Hardest Punch You've Ever Seen

Zorro
precious wrote
The single most devastating punch ever, Marciano 13th round knockout, then Earnie Shavers punch on Larry Holmes, amazing recovery by Holmes
Both were epic blows. But I think Rocky's punch was more amazing because such a small pack packed such a sensational wallop.

Re: Hardest Punch You've Ever Seen

MAGUIRE
Duggerman wrote

Hurts me just watching it. Holmes went night-night. It's amazing that he was able to rally and win after that punch.
Luc

Re: Hardest Punch You've Ever Seen

Luc
Marquez v Pacman knockout

Rahman v Lewis is a good call

Frazier on Ali

Tyson on Botha

Lewis on Botha

Re: Hardest Punch You've Ever Seen

Phantom Punch

Re: Hardest Punch You've Ever Seen

BAD INTENTIONS wrote
There's no where to go but down after a punch like that.

Re: Hardest Punch You've Ever Seen

Left Hook From Hell...
Rez captured the Louis knockout of Braddock in full color and great detail up close. This punch was harder than I realized.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BB_orAYgtju/?cid=1494639831887-197

Re: Hardest Punch You've Ever Seen

Leo the Lion
Y'all love the heavyweights too much. Julian Jackson is the king in this department
Leo Rothmann - Amateur Heavyweight Boxer

Re: Hardest Punch You've Ever Seen

^^There's a Tommy Hearns KO in this thread. Did you see it?

Evan Fields wrote
Tommy Hearns knocked Duran into another time zone with this right hand.

We also have a lot of threads for guys in other weight classes but no one posts in them. Can you help out? If you look around you'll find plenty. The heavyweight threads get the most action here. But I can't say why.