Let's Not Get Too High on Deontay Wilder Just Yet..

Let's Not Get Too High on Deontay Wilder Just Yet..

Re: Let's Not Get Too High on Deontay Wilder Just Yet..

redfeng007
Teddy Atlas exolained how to beat Wilder.

https://youtu.be/SqODfGwFH4s

Re: Let's Not Get Too High on Deontay Wilder Just Yet..

Eh....Teddy predicted that Michael Spinks would beat Tyson. He also predicted Tua would beat Lewis. Teddy sometimes has brilliant insight but sometimes he is way, way off.

Re: Let's Not Get Too High on Deontay Wilder Just Yet..

Alexander
Power is power though.
He's obviously doing something right.
Tyson Fury is the best opponent he's fought so far
But even he went down.
But he got up, the only person to survive Wilder's power.
Wilder's greatness has yet to be seen.
But his power is legit.

Re: Let's Not Get Too High on Deontay Wilder Just Yet..

My brother-in-law is of the strong opinion that Wilder may be the best of all time.  I can't agree with that.

If you had to rank Wilder as of right now, where would you rank him among the ATGs? If he retires tomorrow, where does he fit in your ATG list?

Re: Let's Not Get Too High on Deontay Wilder Just Yet..

Will69
Was it Teddy Atlas who ranked him as possibly the greatest? (At the same time, he admitted most of Wilder's fights have been against tomato cans). I've seen all of Wilder's fights, and he's proven he's got a great chin and great punching power. It's too early for me to say anything else right now. Remember, his greatest fight was against Fury, who himself has only fought tomato cans and has-beens. I wish Deontay (or Fury) could fight a prime Morrison, Mercer, Cooper, Bowe, Briggs, Byrd, Tua, etc. (let alone a Holyfield, Lewis, or Klit).

But getting back to the question at hand, honestly, I rate him as a great unkown, something like Ibeabuchi. Even out of the current big three, he needs to have a couple of more bouts with his counterparts to see who filters to the top.

Re: Let's Not Get Too High on Deontay Wilder Just Yet..

Urban Legend
Some people hype the guys that are big at that particular moment in time. When Wilder loses, these people will either see the light or make excuses for him. I can't wait.