Lewis and Vitali do commentary on their fight from 2003

Lewis and Vitali do commentary on their fight from 2003

Re: Lewis and Vitali do commentary on their fight from 2003

Will69
Good find AJ.  It's nice to see both guys joke about it now.  Man is Vitali big!

I was thinking about those 3 powerful uppercuts Lewis laid on  Vitali.  I wonder if Lewis would have fought a slightly more experienced  version of Vitali, Vitali would have been able to avoid those uppercuts.  But again, that may not have mattered as the fight was stopped by cuts made from Lewis' rights.  Or perhaps avoiding those uppercuts would have given Vitali more sharpness and energy to avoid some of Lewis' rights.

Re: Lewis and Vitali do commentary on their fight from 2003

Urban Legend
Those uppercuts were nasty. But that was probably the ONLY fight I've ever seen Vitali threw one in. The Klitschkos didn't like to throw the power punches.

Re: Lewis and Vitali do commentary on their fight from 2003

South Pacific
I never saw the hype about this fight. I mean Lewis won didn't he? This ain't the first time a fight got stopped on a cut! I'm assuming folks have something against Lennox Lewis.

Re: Lewis and Vitali do commentary on their fight from 2003

Will69
I guess it was the first time Lewis was really man-handled by a guy of equal size, strength and skill.  Mercer and Zelijko proved to be tough fights for Lewis too, but neither of these guys pushed Lewis around in the ring and Lewis seemed to be big enough and skilled enough to somehow  possibly come out on top.  Against Vitali, there wasn't much Lewis could do until the cut happened.