My interview with Terron Brooks

Very interesting. We had a nice chat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJsU3P4zAQE

Re: My interview with Terron Brooks

Rosco
Good job cuzzo. You're gonna replace Oprah.

Re: My interview with Terron Brooks

Here is the article.

Re: My interview with Terron Brooks

Michelle
Duggerman wrote
Here is the article.

Oh AJ,,, this is beautiful! I know I haven't posted lately but I have been checking in when I can. I listened to both parts of the interview and now I'm even more of a fan of Terron and Eddie. I even listened to some of Terron's solo songs and he's right; he doesn't use that Eddie Kendricks voice. I imagined that the falsetto was part of his natural sound.

The article was well written as usual. Kudos to you AJ!

Re: My interview with Terron Brooks

Big Red
Michelle wrote
The article was well written as usual. Kudos to you AJ!
That goes double for me!!

About Terron's voice...I was thinking the same thing. After seeing the Temptations movie, I naturally followed his career because he was the only actor with a real singing career (DB Woodside and Christian Payton sung their parts in the movie but don't sing in real life; Chaz Lamar Sheppard is a great singer but didn't release an album until last year) To me Terron is very much a 1st tenor-falsetto but not in the style of Eddie Kendricks. AJ, "breezy" was a terrific word to describe Terron's voice. Great adjective my friend.

Re: My interview with Terron Brooks

~Sasha
I meant to come by this thread and offer my congrats. Terron joked that he hit those high notes when he could "get up there." Do you think he lost some of his range already? He's only in his late 30s right?

Re: My interview with Terron Brooks

Hmmm....I doubt he's lost his range but he's probably not comfortable singing so high. His natural singing style isn't the Eddie Kendricks falsetto anyway. On his solo songs, every once in a while you'll hear a "Eddie Kendricks" note, but not often.