Reporting While Black: Life as a black journalist

Reporting While Black: Life as a black journalist

I wrote this a few weeks back. A lot of people hate the press. A lot of people hate black people. What happens when you're both? These are my experiences.

http://www.ajdugger.net/blog/reporting-while-black-life-as-a-black-journalist

Re: Reporting While Black: Life as a black journalist

Ashley
That was a funny and entertaining read, AJ. It sounds like you have fun with it overall and know how to make it work for you. You don't let it affect your progress and success. Kudos to you!

Re: Reporting While Black: Life as a black journalist

Damita Jo
You are the only black journalist I know, now that i think about it. Why do you think black folks don't take up these jobs too often?

Re: Reporting While Black: Life as a black journalist

Damita Jo wrote
You are the only black journalist I know, now that i think about it. Why do you think black folks don't take up these jobs too often?
Not sure! I know a lot of black journalists, personally. But I love to write. And I like to meet interesting people. So it seemed like the ideal thing to do.