Wonder how Prime Tyson vs Old George Foreman's fight will be like?

Wonder how Prime Tyson vs Old George Foreman's fight will be like?

redfeng007
This post was updated on .
I know that they never fought each other.

After watching this fight, I have a feeling that the fight will go something like this.

http://www.youtube.com/v=moVW5PwjF4w

Even the commentator kept mentioning how Prime Tyson will fare against George Foreman...

LOL...Time Keeper couldn't count 3 minutes & ring the bell too early. First time I ever saw this happen....

But Tyson will be much faster & hit even harder.

If George Foreman doesn't use his cross arm defense, he won't last long.

Sad to say, Prime Tyson will still beat George Foreman.

GF has lose all his speed to keep up the pace with a fast swarmer.

It is no longer like how he perform against Frazier in the past...

http://www.youtube.com/v/78_7KYv3bVU&autoplay=1

George Foreman was also too nice to finish off that disrespectful opponent.

If that opponent didn't want to quit, just gave him that finishing blow....

Unlike the 70s, he would finish off Ken Norton even he was defenseless...

http://www.youtube.com/v/nGz8fr4i7HY&autoplay=1

Another similar Tyson fighting style, George Foreman had adapted to, will be Dwight Muhammad Qawi.

http://www.youtube.com/v/TKqJI1SbPVU&autoplay=1

Dwight could only fight forward, toe-to-toe with GF.

If you listen carefully at 21:08, GF warned Dwight not to get killed.

Later on, Dwight quit, knowing that he was forcing himself too hard...

GF had changed his character in the 80s, unlike the mean guy in 70s.

Re: Wonder how Prime Tyson vs Old George Foreman's fight will be like?

Entaowed
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Wonder how Prime Tyson vs Old George Foreman's fight will be like?

Phantom Punch
Formean always clobbers anyone who stands in front of him. Mike Tyson knew that and this is why he ducked that fight.

Re: Wonder how Prime Tyson vs Old George Foreman's fight will be like?

Urban Legend
Mike putting himself right in front of George puts him at risk. So George always has a chance here.

BUT consider Mike's speed and ferocious attack. In all likelihood Mike would land the bulldozing blows first.

I say Tyson by knockout in 2....Foreman would barely survive the first round by holding, but gets badly hurt in the second and the ref waves it off.

To me the real question is how does a prime JOE FRAZIER do against old George?  Surely Joe's chances of winning goes up, but him being a slow starter and standing right in front of George works to George's advantage.

Re: Wonder how Prime Tyson vs Old George Foreman's fight will be like?

49-0
Urban Legend wrote
Mike putting himself right in front of George puts him at risk. So George always has a chance here.

BUT consider Mike's speed and ferocious attack. In all likelihood Mike would land the bulldozing blows first.

I say Tyson by knockout in 2....Foreman would barely survive the first round by holding, but gets badly hurt in the second and the ref waves it off.

To me the real question is how does a prime JOE FRAZIER do against old George?  Surely Joe's chances of winning goes up, but him being a slow starter and standing right in front of George works to George's advantage.
I say George would still do his damnest to shove Joe off and keep that jab in his face and try to sneak a power punch in as Joe storms in. But given Joe's constant swarming and body punishment I see Joe outworking him and eventually knocking him out. Tyson and Tua would do it much earlier though. I say Frazier wins by TKO in round 5 or 6.

Re: Wonder how Prime Tyson vs Old George Foreman's fight will be like?

Rosco
This post was updated on .

George may lack tremendous speed but let's not forget how BIG the guy was. At 6'3 he'd tower over those guys and he had probably the hardest jab in history aside from Sonny Liston.

If they get inside they could wreck shop, especially with the uppercut or tight hooks inside. But getting inside would be absolute hell. In fact it's hard to get inside on ANY version of Foreman, particularly because of the way he jabs and pushes you off him.

Re: Wonder how Prime Tyson vs Old George Foreman's fight will be like?

Rosco wrote

George may lack tremendous speed but let's not forget how BIG the guy was. At 6'3 he'd tower over those guys and he had probably the hardest jab in history aside from Sonny Liston.

If they get inside they could wreck shop, especially with the uppercut or tight hooks inside. But getting inside would be absolute hell. In fact it's hard to get inside on ANY version of Foreman, particularly because of the way he jabs and pushes you off him.
Yes. But it's not impossible to get inside and nail him flush. Holyfield did it. A lot, actually.

Foreman used that classic Archie Moore armadilll defense. It works ok but the big flaw is that you can't protect the body and the head all at once. One or the other will be wide open. Against a combination slugger like Tyson, Foreman wouldn't last long using that defense. For example, Tyson's right to the body, uppercut to the chin and left hook would penetrate that defense. Foreman couldn't protect himself everywhere. Don't forget Tyson had the head movement to slip that slow jab.

I'm not saying it'd be an easy fight early. It may take two or three rounds but it's not a matter of IF Tyson lands but a matter of WHEN.

Very sound analysis, Dugger. In fact Holyfield is smashing right through that armadillo guard in that picture you posted..

Re: Wonder how Prime Tyson vs Old George Foreman's fight will be like?

redfeng007
George Foreman talks about Tyson against him.

https://youtu.be/4-incOaF0dE

I think GF will be too slow to handle Tyson's speed.